Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tonight, I am tired. I wonder sometimes how Jesus did it AND stayed up through the night on hilltops and in the lonely places praying AFTER the days of feeding, touching, healing, teaching, and living. And yet, it was these moments in His life that made all those other events possible because it was in this time that He was spending time with the Father, discerning His will and praying for His friends. I confess that tonight, after three 12 hour days at work, caring for people; shaving them, bathing them, feeding them ice chips, titrating medications, walking, sitting, standing, going to bed, getting out of bed, eating, giving medication, walking, etc. Mostly what they and their families need is encouragement, lots of encouragement. May I say that there is much work that goes into partnering with people who are healing? I can only physically be in one place at a given time and yet, sometimes, more is required.  I love my job, and I'm hugely privileged to care for the people that are placed before me but I have my limitations. Without time with Jesus, I'm greatly limited in what I have to offer because it comes from my own shallow well. It is the water that flows from Him that causes the torrents. Tonight, I am reminded of something else as I type this. It is tempting to want to be in all the places at once, doing everything simultaneously for all the people who ask but honestly, that is unrealistic. The truth is, not even Jesus did that. Instead, He daily spent time in communication with the Father and then went out and carried out His will for that day. He ministered according to obedience, not according to need. Lord, help me hear You in the daily crunch as alarms are ringing, and call bells are dinging. Keep me singing, Jesus and give me Your heart to be a servant no matter what is going down around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment