Monday, July 16, 2012
I am challenged this morning to find the adventure in the days that are hard. What do you do when there is a situation or circumstance that is bigger than you? I cannot change it, I cannot manipulate it, I can only love the people affected by it. We are limited in our abilities sometimes, but what I am learning is that the Lord's heart for us sometimes is to just be together in the moments that make up that situation. In my season in the trauma center, I learned this: Life is short. Love now. Don't wait until next week or next year to speak the kind words, the healing words, the forgiving words. Don't assume that there will be that kind of time. Make it now for the ones who matter. Sometimes, we can get so focused on "doing" we end up like Martha missing the better part of sitting at Jesus' feet. We miss the sweetness because we're focused on fixing things. Today, in the midst of the difficult, my adventure plan is to just live the moment with the one I'm with, to love the people that are with me there, and to commit the day to Him who knows what it will bring. In this way, my eyes are fixed not on the challenging or frightening, but on the opportunity to gather up the minutes and live them for good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment