Monday, July 23, 2012
Today's adventure was twenty years in the making. The tire above in this photo is the first bicycle tire I've EVER changed by myself!! Oh, I've had the tools since I got the bike twenty years ago. I bought the bike, a Bridgestone RB-T, to ride in Cycle Oregon the year after I moved here. I spent so much on it, though, that I couldn't afford to go on the trip! My bicycle and I have been through more adventures than I can write about here, including a stint of being given away in Oregon and being given back to me in Mexico! That's a story in itself of faith, covetousness, and trusting the Lord with everything we own, but I digress. I have popped a few tires in the years I've had her but I was never brave enough to actually try to change them myself...until today. Being somewhat of the temperament of easily frustrated, I've always left the intertubes to the "professionals," reasoning that it was worth the money to avoid the hassle. Today, though, I took it on, using the back of Rubie as my workbench. It took about 15 minutes and went without a hitch. I know it sounds silly but I am beyond excited that this occurred tonight!! The bike shop wanted 16.99 to change it so I'm feelin' extra thrifty, too. I'm letting it sit for the evening to make sure there's still air in it tomorrow. Then, it'll be off to the hills again! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment