Sunday, July 15, 2012
Patience, for me, is a choice. The truth is I am not initially or easily inclined to make that choice in any given situation. Although much ground has been taken in this area of my heart, I find that just when I think I have it all wrapped up, something comes up missing. As a result, just enough light on my "me-ness" is shone that I have re-capture not just my thoughts but my outward actions. Yesterday that something was a pair of pants momentarily lost inside a small tent. As I crouched on my knees looking, I knew they should be there and started to feel frustrated. I confess at times I fail in allowing the frustration to show but that is not the person I want to be now. I want to be the one who patiently sits for a moment and maintains composure. This is why I love Jesus, because He gives me a choice to put on His patience like a garment covering my old patterned self. I found the pants. They were tucked in the bottom of a small bag by my right knee. I only needed to take a moment, make the choice, open my eyes, and look a little harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment